BE National Open Weekend 28th - 31st May 2021
From: Jamie Chestney <Jamie.Chestney@bowlsengland.com>
Subject: National Open Weekend 2021 Club Information
The response to the announcement of the National Open Weekend 2021 has been fantastic. We have already heard from clubs who are putting events into their diaries, counties who are engaging their representative players to endorse the campaign, as well as county associations who are creating working groups to support their clubs.
From the feedback so far we felt it important to update you and your clubs on the progress to date, what you can expect from Bowls England in the lead up, and, what your club could be focussing on at this stage.
What have Bowls England done so far?
· Initial and continued consultation with clubs, counties and partner organisations including Bowls Development Alliance, Coach Bowls, Disability Bowls England, and BCGBA.
· Begun consulting with creative campaign designers to produce the brand, imagery and template marketing materials.
· Received buy-in from all of the Commonwealth Games squad who will attend and support events over the weekend.
· Confirmed investment from the Bowls England board to support the campaign and clubs.
What support will our clubs receive in the lead up to the campaign?
· A club guide with step by step advice on planning, delivery and follow up of an open event.
· A variety of editable marketing templates such as flyers and banners.
· Digital marketing templates to be used online and on social media e.g. Facebook, Nextdoor.
· Training/Guidance/Tips for club volunteers to access in the build up to the campaign.
What can clubs begin to do now?
· Put an event (or 2, or 3!) in your diary for the bank holiday weekend of 28th-31st May 2021.
· Engage with your club members, start to build a team who can deliver the event and support the club.
· Contact your local media/community groups/businesses and build these relationships ready for the start of our season.
· Collaborate with local clubs to give as much coverage over the weekend as possible, ensuring you have opportunities for people at various times over the weekend.
Best wishes to everyone,
Membership Register Project Officer